Project Controls Manager (PCM)
Our client was founded with the principle that renewable fuels should come from non-food based sources that are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The Company is upgrading and modifying an existing oil refinery to produce renewable diesel fuel, propane, and naphtha from sustainable low carbon feedstocks for the California Clean Energy fuel market (the 'Project').
They are looking for a Project Controls Manager to provide day to day cost and document control management support to the Company during the design, construction, and commissioning phases of the project to ensure budgetary compliance throughout each phase in Bakersfield, CA area.
The PC will work closely with the Company"s CT, VP PM, Project Managers, Project Engineers, the EPC Contractor, Equipment Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure that the project contracts, documents, budgets, and schedules are meticulously organized and adhered to. PC will be provided and responsible for managing its own administrative support.
The Project Controls Manager will also be responsible to:
- Support the Company"s project financial management and reporting
- Project related accounts payables and receivables
- Track and report project costs, anomalies and change orders
- Create and execute internal controls and auditing services to assure project controls and budgetary compliance is maintained
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas for key performance metrics
- Maintain and report actual and forecasted cash flows against budgeted cash flows
- Conduct cost and schedule variance analysis against baseline values
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to the various stakeholders about status, strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project
- Monitor progress and risks and make adjustments as needed
- Enforce actual project data collection, update daily, and provide weekly accurate estimates
- Recommend and execute corrective actions to handle project compliance
- Integration with the EPC Contractor"s Project and Construction Management software to ensure the transparency, commonality and accuracy of project accounting, reporting, scheduling, and change orders
- Bachelor"s degree in business, business administration, finance, and/or accounting, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Project Controller or Project Controls Manager experience in petrochemical or industrial sectors
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Detail oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or G Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to effectively manage construction project costs and timelines
Must be able to pass all CA safety, drug & alcohol requirements for refinery work
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer