Long Beach, CA Posted: 1/22/2021
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for preparing and reviewing payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time. The Payroll Analyst performs a variety of complex Payroll functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of employee leave information, payroll/benefit records, preparing of reports and forecasts for senior management and related duties as required ensuring compliance with all compensation and tax regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs a variety of complex duties in the preparation, processing and maintenance of payroll, salary, and benefit calculations.
- Primary interface with F&A providing payroll and headcount data in support of allocations, budget preparation and executive management reports.
- Collects, analyzes, updates and reconciles payroll and benefit data on a bi-weekly basis. Reviews timesheet entries for day/hours worked and calculates and records salary adjustments as necessary.
- Examines and verifies payroll, benefit, leave and position data for accuracy, appropriateness and documentation.
- Researches and analyzes discrepancies and processes appropriate corrections.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll and benefit codes; researches and processes payroll and benefit payments for various benefit vendors and state/federal agencies.
- Calculates retroactive salary data.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing for employees in multiple states (enter timecard data, audit payroll reports, accrual reports, etc.). Process manual checks, bonus checks, supplemental payroll runs, garnishments, etc.
- Enter new hire demographics into ADP and ensures timely and accurate maintenance of employee data records within the HR/Payroll system.
- Process terminations (recording of final paycheck, terminating benefits in Payroll system, etc.).
- Create canned and ad-hoc reports from Payroll and HR systems.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to support bonus, PayScale, LPR and other salary survey data input and analysis.
- Support communications and roll-out of all phases of payroll processes to field personnel and new hires.
- Conduct employee training on time reporting.
- Audit, code and process monthly HR invoices.
- Support company vehicle program (process DMV invoices, manage CA DMV Pull Program, imputed income).
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments.
- Analyze compensation related data including wages and bonuses.
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records.
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves.
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes.
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes.
- Stay up to date on state and federal payroll and tax laws.
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to an AA degree which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described.
Work Experience Requirements
- Prior experience as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Coordinator or similar role.
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations.
- Hands-on experience with payroll software, especially ADP Workforce Now.
- High level of working experience utilizing Excel and spreadsheets.
- Able to get work done under tight deadlines.
- Experience payroll processing for multiple shift schedules (8 hours, 10 hours, 12 hours, etc.)
- Ability to respect and protect confidential employee information.
- Solid knowledge of payroll principles and applications.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- High level of individual productivity / output meeting shifting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships, working cross-functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (training, presentation, team collaboration and communication) with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point Project and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening tests.
- Valid driver"s license required.
- Occasional out of town / overnight travel required.
- Attends workshops and trainings as directed.
Already have an account? Log in here