The Senior Financial Analyst reports to and is under the general direction of the Finance Manager. The role provides leadership, services, advice, and counsel in the financial services in a timely, cost effective manner and in accordance with all Company policy and procedures.
* Being an expert user of SAP and assist others in the refinery.
* Being the lead role in monthly closing activities.
* Reviewing cost center activity and reporting results to operations
* Performing margin analysis and submitting results in CRD
* Responsibility for Data Integrity related to the monthly closing
* Analyzing utility costs
* Preparing monthly accruals as needed
* Preparing monthly cost forecasts and analysis for review with Refinery management
* Preparing monthly financial package for Refinery Leadership Team Review
* Assisting in Budget preparation and long-range plan development and implementation.
* Working with refinery management to coordinate cost and margin budgets
* Analyzing results and review with Refinery Leadership
* Loading results into CRD and submitting to headquarters
* Responsibility for Data integrity related to the Budget and LRP
* Leading role in SOX controls and audits.
* Being able to learn fundamentals of other refinery accounting roles in order to back-up and assist.
* Assisting Engineers/Project Coordinators with project data integrity and cost management.
* Ad hoc analysis requests from refinery personnel and Refining Headquarters.
* Preparing Month, Quarter, and year-end accounting and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assisting in preparing and presenting monthly budget reports including variance analysis and explanations.
* Assisting in margin analyses as needed.
* Assisting with preparation of Solomon data.
* Assisting refinery personnel with account coding issues.
* Assisting Payables personnel with complex issues.
* Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
* 3 or more years of related finance / accounting experience
* Experience with S4 and Tableau
* Confident working in various computer systems (e.g., SAP/ERP (Essbase/Hyperion), etc.)
* Bachelor"s degree in Accounting or Finance (with 12 or more hours of Accounting classes)
* Self-motivated, problem-solver, with ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
* Ability to work across functions and disciplines
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit.
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer