This is an advanced opportunity position for employees for future company advancement which requires providing the organization with technical expertise on all aspects of project, construction, and maintenance management to ensure the following:
· Use project management techniques to optimize unit design and construction.
· Manage engineering and construction contractors in the design.
· Implement safety, environmental consciousness, and reliability into unit designs and construction.
· Adopt principles of continuous improvement to drive out waste and inefficiency and enhance profitability.
· Reviews project schedules and makes recommendations to improve project schedule and construction execution.
· Maintains awareness of all Safety, Health and Environmental issues that impact the refinery unit design and personnel.
· Reports on progress of the engineering contractors involved in the project.
· Provides daily review of project progress and engineering quality.
· Consults with Project Manager concerning unusual problems and developments including development of potential design changes.
· Insures good communication between the Project Team and the General Contractor is well-defined.
· Monitors progress on unit construction and advises Project Manager of any project delays or issues.
· Works to imbed the plant requirements into the design and construction of the project.
· Participates in daily field safety meetings once construction has started.
· Answers questions that arise during the construction cycle.
· Ensures that project records are being maintained in a well-defined management system.
· Assists in defining the commissioning and turnover procedures, including record keeping.
· Coordinates supporting personnel in start-up of the assigned project units.
· Must have the ability to work and negotiate with others, including outside agencies and company personnel.
· Must have good interpersonal and people handling skills. Must have the ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments and to motivate others.
· Must have the ability to perform under burdensome conditions when presented with emergency, critical or unusual situations or when increased working speed or sustained focus is necessary to meet tight deadlines. This individual must have the ability to use good time management skills to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
· Must have knowledge of project scheduling and reporting tools.
· Must have the ability to apply engineering, scientific and statistical techniques to solving problems. Ability to work with mathematical statistics, probability and application and statistical inference would be helpful.
· Must have the ability to read and comprehend complex technical materials such as scientific and technical reports and theories, regulations and contracts. Must be able to comprehend complex problems and prepare solutions or arguments using command of the English language.
· Must possess excellent people skills, the ability to perform compliance work, the ability to make practical decisions, and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
· Must be able to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
· A Civil or Construction Engineering Degree is strongly preferred
· Civil, structural, mechanical and piping experience required
· Must have prior experience in the Construction Manager role for a major project (greater than $200 million).
· Must have minimum 10+ years of experience in petroleum refinery engineering and maintenance positions.
Equal Opportunity Policy
The company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. It takes affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all people, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected characteristic.