Associate Engineer or Geologist- Remediation
Our client provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology with offices globally.
We are seeking a junior environmental engineer or geologist with 0-2 years of experience to join our client"s team of Site Assessment and Remediation experts. They have a client base in multiple sectors; including industrial (aerospace, manufacturing, food service, etc.), healthcare, biotech, schools and universities, development (real estate and construction), and municipal.
This position can be located in Long Beach or Irvine, California.
- Field data collection and sampling at environmental sites
- Soil sampling and logging in accordance with Unified Soil Classification System
- Active remediation system sampling and maintenance
- Monitoring well installation and groundwater sampling
- Performing Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments
- Assisting with permit acquisition
- Working closely with project managers to deliver projects on schedule and budget
- Preparing technical reports, including data tabulation and production of site plans and drawings using AutoCAD
- Preparing cost estimates and proposal support.
- Bachelor"s or Master"s degree from an accredited university in civil/environmental engineering, geology, or hydrogeology, with 0 to 2 years of demonstrated consulting experience in California.
- Experience with remediation design, preparation of feasibility studies, knowledge of soil vapor extraction and other remedial technologies, and remedial construction support OR the supporting coursework from their university degree
- Operational knowledge of computer databases and office programs (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Access, gINT, AutoCAD, Bluebeam).
- Self-starter with strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of field conditions and lift up to 50 lbs
- Valid California Driver"s License with no restrictions
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare work plans, reports and proposals
- Excellent writing and analytical skills a must.
- Engineer- or Geologist-in-Training with ability to obtain professional certification within 2 to 3 years.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification, with valid 8-hour Refresher.
Apply now for confidential consideration!
This is a direct hire opportunity
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program, 10 Pd holidays, PTO and more
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer