Sr. Electrical Engineer
San Ramon, CA Posted: 1/5/2021
PTS Advance is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer in San Ramon, CA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, selecting, and implementing low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
- Design, select and implement low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and operations of low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, and power controls systems/stations to ensure compliance with NEC requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Plan and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work while supporting the department and Project Manager with delivery.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to ensure the effective integration of electrical systems with the overall product design.
- Assist with the commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems.
- Represent the Company in area of expertise with customers, construction personnel, and suppliers.
- Create low voltage wiring schematics and associated Bill of Materials for wiring, cables, and controls.
- Perform hazardous area analysis, conduit routing, conduit and cable schedules.
- Create technical specifications, Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, and O&M Standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license.
- At least 5 years of professional experience. Experience in utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID"s.
- Thorough knowledge of Power Systems and Control Systems as related to electric utility infrastructure such as substations, distribution and transmission.
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards such as IEC, ISA, NEC, IEEE.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here