The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will be responsible for leading the instrumentation and controls engineering project requirements involving control valves, automated valves, control panel design, device specifications, control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, Wonderware, Intellution). The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer and Control Engineer must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping managements decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
* Review and Development of control system guiding documentation including P&ID"s, control philosophy, cause and effect diagrams, process design basis.
* Development and modification of ESD systems for greenfield and brownfield facilities.
* Design and specifications of instrumentation devices which may include equipment power gas, flow meters, control valves, regulators, relief valves, automated valves
* Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
* Development and specification of control system architecture layout and components.
* Development of control panel layout and fabrication drawings in coordination with team designers and electrical engineers.
* Lead and perform control system component Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) per project and client requirements.
* Specification and develop of system instrumentation requirements as guided by project P&ID"s.
* Leading the automation and control system design, programming, and commissioning projects for clients.
* Lead and coordination small teams of engineers as required for project design and construction/commissioning.
* Travel will be required for this position as dictated by project needs (approximately 10%-20%)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred however experienced mechanical engineers will be considered.
* This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience as I & C Engineer or Project Engineer. Experience should include oil and gas and/or pipeline experience. P&ID"s is required.
* Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment.
* PLC programming and SCADA Pack programming is preferred
* Experience NEC and AGA XL1001
* Demonstrated ability to identify problems and work creatively in a team environment to resolve them. * Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as the situation demands.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent organizational skills and time management skills are necessary.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including internal resources and clients.
* Ability to read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines.