Project Manager - Environmental Construction
Martinez, CA Posted: 12/18/2020
PTS Advance has an immediate need for a Project Manager for environmental remediation projects. Great direct hire opportunity for one of our clients in Martinez, CA.
The projects include (but not limited to):
- Vapor intrusion mitigation for new and existing buildings
- Soil remediation via excavation and disposal, in-situ treatment, and/or durable caps or covers
- Groundwater remediation via extraction, injections, or other treatment methods
- Facility decommissioning / demolition addressing contaminated building materials.
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare large-scale programmatic proposals.
- Forecast project work on existing contracts.
- Identify potential opportunities within existing contracts.
- Report to principal on project status.
- Confer with project professional staff to formulate research plans, coordinate project activities, and establish reporting procedures.
- Prepare environmental project feasibility and progress reports.
- Coordinate activities of personnel conducting successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, and testing.
- Review technical aspects of project to assist staff and assess productivity of lines of research.
- Review project operations to ensure coordination of efforts and timely submission of reports.
- Analyze reports to evaluate program effectiveness and prepare impact analysis to assess total lifecycle costs associated with implementing new pollution control techniques or other innovative solutions.
- Develop and maintain baseline budgets and schedules for assigned project.
- Coordinate planning, testing, and operating phases to complete project.
- Confer with local regulatory agencies to discover local environmental quality standards, industrial practices, and new developments in pollution abatement.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies conducting related environmental studies.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Plan and direct installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend approval of contracts and cost estimates.
- Bachelor"s degree (B.S.) from a 4-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of industry-related experience
- Demonstrated project management experience which includes operations start-up and close-down.
- Proven leadership in remedial design, remedial construction and O&M projects with demonstrated experience executing field projects.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with previous involvement in preparing project proposals, Preliminary Assessments, and Site Investigation/Remedial Investigation/Remedial Action Workplans, Decision Documents, Remediation Verification and Reports.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, regulatory agencies, field operations, technical staff and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Knowledge of MS Word Office Suite Products.
- Current 40 Hr HAZWOPER or 8 Hr Refresher certification or willingness to obtain training and provide certificate of completion prior to the first day of employment.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology or Environmental Engineering preferred.
- P.E. or P.G.
- 10-15 years of industry-related experience
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here