PTS Advance, working with a leading refiner, is seeking an I&E Designer/ SPI Admin for a long-term assignment in Borger, TX.
SPI Admin is responsible for the implementation, education and maintenance for the local domain other duties include the I&E Designer role: I&E Designer is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of CAD drawings and will create and revise I&E drawings throughout the design and MOC processes.
Responsibilities May Include:
* Constructing, Maintaining, and assigning Loop numbers, Instrument tags, Junction Boxes, Marshalling Cabinets, I/O Cards, HPMs, Remote I/O cabinets and associated wiring assistance to inside and outside contractors.
* Preparing Claims and Merges Buffer files for Corporate Admins to process.
* Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
* Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
* Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and IMS and standards.
* Field walk outs, drawing searches and retrievals, creating construction scope documents and revisions to drawings via redline mark ups with some drafting.
* Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
* Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
* Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
* Resolve project issues and problems.
* Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
* Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
* Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
* Performing job duties safely and championing the safety of others.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
* Technical college graduation with 5 years" of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
* 5 years of experience in instrument design.
* Successfully completed a SPI Admin training class
* Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
* Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
* Experience with design and/or construction of heavy industrial facilities desirable.
* In depth knowledge of Instrumentation standards, methods and practices required.
* Proficient in the following software: SPI, AutoCAD, 3D CAD, Smartplant 3D and PDS.
* 5 Years of SPI experience.
* Basic design and construction knowledge required.
* Familiar with PIP Standards.
* Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
* Ability to generate 3D model using 3D CAD and Smartplant 3D.
* 2 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering
* 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
* 15 years" of experience in instrument design.
* 10 Years of SPI experience is Preferred.
* 5 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering