PTS Advance has a great opportunity for a medium level Controls Engineer. Located in the Bay Area, our Client is involved in a number of different industries and works with several different hardware and software platforms. The number one characteristic we are looking for in a candidate is the passion for learning new things, whether it involves Rockwell"s or Siemens" latest and greatest product or a customer"s newest nettlesome control problem. If that is you, we would like to talk to you!
Skill set desired:
· Competency in using Rockwell, GE, and Siemens Automation Products and WonderWare, iFix, Cimplicity HMI/SCADA software.
· Ability to read P & IDs, flow diagrams, and electrical schematics.
· General knowledge of networking and communication protocols, e.g., EtherNet, Modbus, Profinet, IO-Link. ControlNet and DeviceNet.
· Capable of completing projects within a budget.
· Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD.
· Identify control system components and use a bill of materials to meet project requirements.
· Follow project cost estimates.
· General knowledge of process instrumentation.
· General knowledge of programming and configuring Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
· Good communication skills: oral, written and listening.
· General knowledge of, or interest in, mechanical systems and manufacturing equipment.
· Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team as needed.
· Flexibility when required to work outside of normal business hours as required by client"s needs.
· General knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Must possess a valid driver"s license with a clean DMV record.
(4) year BS degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience is desirable, but not required.
(2) or more year"s verifiable experience in PLC/HMI/SCADA programming and systems engineering in industrial applications using one or more mainstream platforms: Allen-Bradley, Schneider, GE, Siemens platforms.
For more information about this position please apply on our website jobs.ptsadvance.com
PTS Advance is and equal opportunity employer