Our client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsible for system integration, project equipment, and scope definition for brownfield and greenfield wood biomass manufacturing projects. The candidate will be tasked with leading project scope development, engineering design (conceptual and detailed), estimating and scheduling input, management of 3rd party engineering, RFIs, and other design integrity processes, site support and integration during construction, commissioning and start-up phase of the Project.
* Manage electrical engineering during the development period, which includes writing detailed scopes, determining timelines with milestones, identifying key interfaces, and providing guidance and expertise to keep the project design integrity to develop a complete scope of work document.
* Act as the Owner"s design authority during the construction process, including managing the 3rd party engineering, the design and field change processes, and red lines.
* Provide electrical system integration and troubleshooting support during start-up and commissioning
* Identify and manage process improvement and continuous learning activities
* Maintain a questioning attitude during the engineering and construction process to ensure design integrity
* Manage field redlines generated during construction
* Other tasks as assigned
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* A minimum of 10 years of combined experience as a project engineer and system engineer
* Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards
* Commissioning, control system, and troubleshooting experience a plus
* Experience in wood, wood pellets, biomass, and/or pulp and paper industry a plus
* Self-reliance and good communication skills essential
* Able to work within a large team, interface with other engineering firms, and construction personnel in a collaborative environment
* Ability to use Microsoft Office
* Experience in Oracle Aconex and/or Primavera a plus