Our client/owner manufactures an energy-related product in a high-tech process/ light manufacturing environment located in the Silicon Valley, California area. The client is implementing a 3-year program to consolidate and relocate two of its manufacturing facilities to a newly leased building in a nearby city. The program will be comprised of approximately 130,000 SF, consisting of manufacturing, R&D, high-piled storage, shipping/receiving and offices spaces. Project will be completed in 3 overlapping phases. Planning and design began in Q4 of 2020.
PTS Advance is currently evaluating candidates for the project-specific role of Owner"s Agent Senior Project Manager to lead the above-described project. The role will be approximately 3-years, full-time. The Senior PM will represent the owner and oversee all phases of the project. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent owner for all project-related activities
- Project charter and programming
- Develop department-specific client requirements
- Project-specific support for lease negotiations
- Develop and manage project budget and CPM schedules
- Oversee entire project buy-out process of design professionals, contractors, and vendors
- Conceptual design and city/agency meetings and negotiations
- Prepare scopes of work for design team contracts
- General contractor qualification and selection process
- Lead design-assist and design-build (MEP trades) delivery of project
- Manage all project contracts held by owner
- Oversee City and agency permitting
- Oversee preconstruction and construction activities through TCO
- Coordinate owner tool installations
- FF&E buy-outs, construction interfaces, and installations
- Coordinate owner moves, including engaging a move coordinator if necessary
- Facility turnover
- Project closeout
The successful candidate will be supported by our client"s home office, providing project controls, document management, project administrative support.
- Local to the south SF Bay area
- BS Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field, or documented equivalent experience.
- Successful management as Owner"s Agent PM on at least three (3) high-tech manufacturing or process projects of similar size, scope, and complexity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented
- Experience in coordinating multiple client stakeholders and requirements
- Developing, managing and maintaining detailed project budgets
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing design, agency interface, complex permitting and construction on manufacturing/high-tech projects of $20M+ in value.
- Experience with design-assist delivery method working closely with the General Contractor and design/build MEP knowledge also a must.
- Understanding of entitlement process including planning reviews, building and safety plan check/permitting, fire prevention approvals, county agency reviews, and AQMD approvals
- Utility company requirements for new and/or upgraded services
- Clear understanding of construction sequencing and documented experience in multi-phased projects of similar size
Additional Skills and Experience
- CPM scheduling knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of project management software, Projectmates, Procore or similar
- Construction cost estimating
- Design management experience
Salary will be competitive and is negotiable, commensurate with experience.