Our client is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company operating high-growth, high-return conventional and unconventional assets in California. They explore for, produce, gather, process and market crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. They make significant use of proven modern technologies to enhance safety and efficient production across they’re leading mineral acreage position and diverse portfolio.
Our clients Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Risk Management Team is seeking to fill a Risk Engineer position to support the LA Basin, Ventura, Sacramento Valley, and Kern County Assets. This position can be located in either their Bakersfield or Long Beach, CA offices and will report to the Director Risk and DOT Pipeline Compliance.
This person will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with various functional groups (operations, engineering, automation, HSE, management, etc.) on the implementation and continuous improvement of risk/process safety programs.
- Optimize processes, procedures and analytics and assist in managing company risks while recognizing impacts on operating and capital costs.
- Participate and provide leadership in risk management program development, implementation, maintenance and compliance.
- Participate and provide leadership in the OSHA PSM, EPA RMP and similar facility regulatory program development, implementation, maintenance and compliance.
- Participate and provide leadership in the MOC, PHA, PSSR and similar risk program elements.
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analysis updates and revalidations. Finalize documentation. Collaborate with various functional groups on recommendation closure.
- Oversee the building siting and consequence analyses needs of the company (toxic or flammable leak/spill analyses, gas dispersion analyses, jet fire impact, dispersion and predictive VCE blast modelling programs).
- Oversee and QAQC the required documentation and tracking of the above programs through KMS or equivalent database management tool.
- Troubleshoot potential hazard identification, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, Field Audits, Gaps between written programs and actual site practices, obtain feedback from operations, and assist with investigation of process related Incident Investigations. Requires 25-50% field work.
- Willing to learn evolving Health, Safety, Environmental, and Risk requirements, codes, and standards. Must be a team player who is open to debate and constant dialog with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and field operations personnel.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the development, implementation, and auditing of OSHA/CalOSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), EPA RMP, and CalARP programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience facilitating Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and Hazard & Operability (HAZOP) Studies
- Willing to travel within the State of California – predominantly San Joaquin Valley, Ventura County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, and Kern County. May spend up to three consecutive nights away to provide PHA or other Risk Program support.
- Must have a valid driver’s license & a clean DMV record
- Must be able to complete and pass all drug & alcohol testing requirements
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer