Brea, CA Posted: 10/15/2020
Our client is a 100%-employee-owned engineering, architecture, and construction firm praised for its tight-knit, collaborative teams. They are ranked inside the top 15 Engineering Design firms by ENR, and have been ranked in the top 20 "Best Places to Work" for 7 consecutive years. They employ over 5500 professionals, worldwide and reports over $2B in annual revenue. They are looking to add a Pipeline Designer to their team with 5+ years of pipeline design experience in their Orange County office.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design natural gas pipelines, pipeline metering facilities, gas compression facilities, liquid pump stations, gas processing, dehydration, heaters, filter separators, and slug catchers.
- Design hydrostatic tests, pipeline replacements, station replacements.
- Design hydrostatic tests for pipeline segments that require a valid strength test to establish the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) of the pipeline. Review historical documents, verify prescribed test boundaries and identify potential hydrotest obstacles.
- Responsible for pipe sizing calculations, valve sizing, hydrostatic test design; hydraulic design, compressor designs, pump designs, interactions with regulatory and permitting agencies as well as other pipeline engineering support.
- Specify materials and equipment for purchase, using data sheets when required. Write equipment specifications for purchase when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license preferred.
- At least 4 years of professional experience. Experience in natural gas/utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID’s.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards ASME/ANSI/API/NFPA/CSA codes (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, 49 CFR 192 & 195).
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organization skills.
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k program, direct deposit and more.
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here