Assistant Project Engineer/Geologist
Our client is an Environmental Construction company performing all of the standard practices in Environmental/Remediation Construction, Demolition, Dig/Haul, etc.
They are looking for an Assistant Project Engineer to oversee and report routine site activities, repair work, upgrades, and other field work related to landfill gas monitoring, collection, conveyance, and treatment; leachate and groundwater monitoring, collection, conveyance, and treatment; landfill cover; and other systems at a closed landfill.
This Assistant Project Engineer will also be responsible to:
· Develop, implement, and maintain procedures and programs to minimize environmental risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties.
· Oversee and ensure field work is being done safely, meeting quality requirements, and best management practices are being implemented properly.
· Prepare daily reports to summarize field oversight activities.
· Communicate clearly, responsively, and effectively to the client, the company’s project management and staff, and site contractors.
· Compile data tables, plots, and reports based on oversight observations, field data, and laboratory data.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in preparing concise, well-written reports, proposals, and documents.
· Implement field assignments in accordance with health and safety and quality control requirements.
· Take ownership of assignments, communicate status, and see them through completion. Have a keen attention to detail and high expectations for quality.
· Able to forecast personal schedule/utilization and notify supervisor of availability.
· Adhere to project-specific and corporate-wide safety policies.
· Execute field activities, and record and maintain adequate documentation for closure.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a 4-year college or university with a degree in engineering, geology, or science related field.
· 2 years of related work experience.
· Proficient in MS Word Office Suite Products.
· 40-hour HAZWOPER training and/or 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher completed prior to starting work.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
This is a Direct Hire position with a full benefits package.
Our Client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer