Construction Project Engineer / Manager
carson, CA Posted: 10/12/2020
Our client is a Construction Contractor who specializes in the oil & gas industry. They have an immediate need for a Project Engineer to work out of their Southern California office supporting small refinery capital projects.
The Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager with project estimating, documentation, schedule management, tracking and management of changes to the scope of work. This person will also oversee, document, and report the daily activities of company subcontractors on the project. The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing projects ranging from $500k - $5M+.
The duties of the Project Engineer are, or may include:
- Assist the Project Manager as assigned with duties such as: submittals, cost reporting; status reporting; project documentation; change order development, estimating and processing.
- Research construction problems for possible resolution. This may include preparing and submitting RFI’s as required by the Project Manager and Supervisors.
- Meet daily with the Project Manager to report extra work items, progress, problems, and concerns.
- Coordinate all work of company subcontractors with company Project Superintendent, Night Superintendent, and Client to support the project schedule and the subcontractors’ agreements.
- Status subcontractors’ work daily to Scheduler by obtaining percent complete of all tasks daily from the subcontractors.
- Maintain written daily log of subcontractors’ activities.
- Maintain Extra Work Log for each subcontractor. Provide details of additional scope change orders to the Project Manager as they happen so he or she may negotiate and process the change orders.
- Prepare document distributions to Subcontractors
Project Specific Duties may include:
- Assign task to Field Engineers and document Control and monitor progress of these assignments.
- Preparing written procedures for special work plans.
- Maintain the RFI Log.
- Attend and document meetings.
- Project Document Control Responsibilities.
- Assure periodic audits for documents in the field take place to verify the most current revisions are being used.
- Procure materials and coordinate deliveries.
- Prepare and coordinate Pressure Test Packages.
- Perform expediting functions.
- Manage the creation and control of Turnover Packages.
- BD Degree in Engineering or Construction
- Proficient utilizing MS Office, including MS Project and other estimating software such as Hard Dollar
- 5-10 years of experience managing projects in the construction phase
- Must have experience with oil & gas construction projects. Will also consider projects related to natural gas, nuclear power, or petrochemical
- Knowledge of P6 is a plus
Already have an account? Log in here