Senior Project Manager
Fort Washington, PA Posted: 10/12/2020
A Leading Pharma/ CRO has an opening for a Full Time Senior Project Manager to join their team!
Title: Senior Project Manager
Full Time, Direct
- Independently manages Biometrics project teams from study start-up through study closeout; departments include but not limited to, Data Management, Biostatistics, Statistical Programming, and Medical Writing.
- Promotes team building and communication to ensure the team functions as one entity.
- Manages multiple and complex projects, ranging in phase and number of Biometrics services involved.
- Serves as the primary liaison between clients, vendors, and project teams.
- Establishes and maintains relationships between clients, vendors and project team, to encourage repeat and/or new business.
- Encourages cross-functional collaboration to ensure deliverables are provided on time, with quality and within budget.
- Generates and maintains project timelines, milestones, and action items.
- Coordinates and leads project team meetings and creates and distributes agendas and minutes.
- Collaborates with finance, manages project financials; manages project budgets, generates monthly accruals, forecasts future accruals and initiates timely invoice generations.
- Proactively identifies out of scope activities and executes necessary change orders.
- Recognizes project issues and facilitates issue resolution; escalates issues, when needed.
- Implements identification of risks, mitigation, management and resolution.
- Participates in the preparation of governance meetings and attends, when needed.
- Provides performance feedback of team members to respective line managers, project teams.
- Provides mentoring and coaching, and oversees junior staff on PM processes, daily PM related tasks, and working on projects.
- Supports the generation and review of contracts (SOW, WO, COs, etc.).
- Confirms required project trainings are completed by team; company wide, client specifics and project specifics.
- Supports the preparation of audits, internal and external, and CAPA completion as required
- Contributes in business development activities; support in preparation of proposals and bid defenses. Works with the contracts team to generate the scope of work and budgets.
- Participates in departmental initiatives and SOP development/review and update.
- Develops and refines processes which lead to greater efficiencies or competitive advantages.
- May develop and refine project management processes within the Company.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Sr. Management team.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in life sciences. 5+ years of experience in Pharma / CRO industry with 8+ Years’ experience in Project management.
- Excellent understanding of Biometrics services and processes and inter-dependencies.
- Preferable experience in a prior position in Biometrics and/or managing projects across Biometrics functional areas.
- Ability to solve problems, multitask and work independently with general directions.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, drug development and PM processes.
- Good understanding of ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Strong team player, interpersonal skills, and customer focused.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- MBA or PMP certification is preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here