Our client is a leading consulting firm recognized as innovators who encourage new ideas and fresh approaches. These traits, combined with their deep technical skills, account for the mutual success of their clients, employees and shareholders. They are looking to add a Substation Project Engineer to their team with 5+ years of substation design experience in their Orange County office.
We are seeking a motivated electrical engineer to work as a Substation Project Engineer in the Power Delivery Substation Department in our Anaheim, California office.
· Manage relationships with alliance clients.
· Perform and direct others in the detailed design of medium to extra high voltage utility substations including one-line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, writing of substation equipment specifications, proposal development, construction cost estimates, and project scheduling.
· Mentor less experienced team members in substation physical and electrical design.
· Support knowledge sharing initiatives.
· Ensure quality procedures are followed.
· Perform QA/QC for deliverables to clients.
· Manage schedule, budget, and quality of assigned projects.
· Occasional out-of-state travel for site visits, training, or meetings (5-10% of time on a yearly basis).
· BSEE (BS Electrical Engineering) or BSEET (BS Electrical Engineering Technology) degree, from an accredited university preferably with a power option. With appropriate experience, BSCE (BS Civil Engineering) degree may be considered.
· Experience in 15kV through 500kV substation physical and electrical design, and IEEE/ANSI standards.
· Experience filling the role of project engineer for several substation projects occurring concurrently.
· The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
· Five (5) years experience in utility substation design.
· Professional Engineering license (PE).
· Experience managing people on a project team.
· The ideal candidate would be perceptive, insightful, shrewd, and sharp. They would have a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail, while appreciating working in a casual office environment.
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k program, direct deposit and more.
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!