Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
Mechanical and Chemical Project Engineer
We are seeking engineering graduates in the fields of Chemical and Mechanical engineering to perform support engineering and design services for a variety of energy infrastructure projects serving the Western and Southwestern United States. Client provides overall system planning for energy storage and transportation facilities and follow through with detailed engineering and coordination to upgrade and expand existing systems and to develop new facilities. We offer challenging work in a productive environment with career opportunities to develop, along a technical or project management career path. Responsibilities include the following:
· Process Design & Detailed Engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment.
· Review of Clients documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design & calculations.
· Preparation and review of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, heat and material balances, P&I Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, etc.
· Prepare and review data sheets for stationary and rotating equipment including pressure vessels, tanks, separators, filters, heat transfer equipment, pumps and compressors.
· Prepare and review instrument data sheets and specifications (control valves, PSV’s, meters, etc.)
· Participate in startup, performance testing and troubleshooting.
· Participate in planning, cost control and scheduling for assigned projects.
· Develop and review TIC estimates.
· Maintain effective communication and relationships with project team members and clients, with a commitment to building enduring relationships leading to customer satisfaction and loyalty.
· Preparation & Issue of RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc.
· Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations.
· B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
· 5+ years’ experience in refining and/or petrochemical design engineering.
· Experience in consulting (or EPC with Design & Engineering capability) is preferred.
· Experience with field start-up and troubleshooting preferred.
· California Professional Engineering license is preferred.
· Candidate must be able to communicate effectively with team members in both verbal and written form.
· Simulation experience using HYSYS, PRO II or other comparable process simulation software is preferred.
· Familiarity with AutoCAD is preferred.
· Familiarity and knowledge of API, ASME and ANSI standards is required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
· Experience developing data sheets for stationary and rotating equipment including pressure vessels, tanks, separators, filters, heat transfer equipment, pumps and compressors is preferred.
· Familiarity with fundamentals of stress analysis is a benefit.
· Local candidates are preferred.