Our client is an employee owned Environmental, Engineering, and Construction Services firm with over 70 years of experience. They have over a dozen offices across the west coast, where they execute on Energy, Facilities, Land Development, Water, and Transportation related projects.
As a Traffic Designer, you will assist with traffic projects for public, private, and institutional clients. You will work with fellow team members and supervisors to provide all necessary modeling, design, analysis, coordination, and follow-up on the work to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, and clients are satisfied. You will have the opportunity to work on traffic projects and traffic aspects of larger projects. Work may include: traffic modeling, traffic impact studies, traffic reports for roadway projects, safety studies, signal timing and coordination, planning efforts, signing and striping design, and traffic signal design.
- Providing support to the project team for traffic projects and traffic aspects of larger projects
- Understanding client goals and communicating effectively with an attention to client satisfaction
- Preparing traffic reports for roadway projects, safety studies, traffic impact studies
- Organizing and executing technical aspects of project assignments
- Maintaining project files and project documents
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering
- 1-5 years of traffic engineering experience with consulting firm or agency
- Technical knowledge in traffic engineering with proven experience in preparing technical reports and computations
- Experience with Synchro/SimTraffic
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Graduate degree with emphasis on Traffic Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training certification
- Experience with VISSIM