A Leading Pharmaceutical Company has an opening for a 12 month Contract for an RWE Programmer.
This position will primarily support strategic product value generation initiatives through statistical programming and analytics for Observational and Real World Evidence using large health care administrative databases, electronic medical records, and registries. The incumbent will utilize R or SAS, web-based analytics tools and other programming languages to efficiently work with very large real world databases, to identify and discover target patient populations, disease prevalence and risk factors, describe drug utilization, treatment patterns and disease progression, and other exploratory questions. In this role, the RWE Analyst will work closely within a cross-functional team to execute and deliver on projects in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
• Provide statistical programming support for assigned projects, focusing on real world data analyses from large databases (e.g., Electronic Health Records, medical claims, registries etc.).
• Efficiently manipulate large databases including complex data preprocessing, filtering and manipulation.
• Assist in development of detailed protocols and SAP according to study objectives. Create table and dataset specifications, in collaboration with statisticians and study leads.
• Prepare appropriate datasets by defining patient or disease cohorts, establishing study samples, and structuring data according to research objectives and study design.
• Perform statistical analysis, generate analytic reports, tables, graphics, and slides, and communicate project findings to cross functional teams, or stakeholders.
• In addition to hands-on R or SAS programming, leverage available web-based RWE analytical tools.
• Familiar with cloud and high-performance computing environments (Azure, AWS)
• Provide technical expertise to implement programming and methodology for complex RWE studies.
• Develop and implement rigorous QC processes and programming templates to ensure quality of data and analyses.
• Assist in creation and implementation of validation activities for RWE studies following departmental SOPs.
• Ensure quality and timely deliverables for all assigned studies/projects.
• Interface with the IT department to maintain and develop cloud computing capacity and analytic tools for RWE studies.
• Collaborate effectively in a matrix and cross-functional environment with programmers, statisticians, epidemiologists, outcomes research scientists and other stakeholders across global R&D such as Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Clinical Development, Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory Affairs.
• Ensure professional development to enhance knowledge, skills, communication, scientific methodology, operational efficiency, and compliance with policies, regulations, and corporate standards and processes.
• An advanced educational degree (MA/MS, PhD, ScD, PharmD, etc.) in a quantitative science such as statistics, biometrics, epidemiology, econometrics, psychometrics, operations research, engineering, computer science, data/life science, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on professional R or SAS programming experience i
• A minimum of 2 years hands-on work experience with real world studies using large claims/EMR databases in HEOR or related functions.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Truven/IBM Marketscan data and similar healthcare databases.
• Knowledge and experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for R&D projects (data, analyses, tables, graphics, listings).
• Experience working with medical and billing coding systems such as ICD-9, ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, NDC, HCPCS, CPT.
• Understanding of observational research or statistical terminology and concepts is essential.
• Ability to quickly and effectively learn new programming techniques and data structures; capacity to seamlessly assimilate to new projects is required.
• Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe observational research and statistical programming methodology to be programmed needed.
• Strong oral, written and communication skills is required.
• Takes direction effectively and completes tasks at a project level.
• Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders in a global, cross-functional and multi-cultural setting.
• Self-motivation and passion for learning is necessary, self-initiation, takes responsibility for work and ability to meet deadlines are required.
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
• Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in different therapeutic areas is required.
Additional skills (is a Plus):
• R or Python Big Data certification and experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop or cloud is a definite plus.
• Experience working with state-of-art RWE analytics tools such as Instant Health Data and Aetion.
• Experience with sampling strategies for large healthcare databases.
• Experience with other statistical software and visualization tools such as R, Python, RShiny, Spotfire, Tablaeu or Qlikview.
• Experience with Ex-US healthcare databases is a plus.