Wilmington, CA Posted: 8/31/2020
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
- Provides direct supervision of laboratory employees to ensure high quality of work performed and laboratory analysis is performed in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Evaluates and sets policies and procedures for lab operations.
- Oversees and inspects all work and insures that all test and methods are done according to company requirements.
- Monitors quality assurance program internally and with outside labs and organizations.
- Schedules Laboratory Technicians to provide optimum coverage for the Laboratory.
- Assists in the training and supervision of the Shift Chemists particularly in the area of instrumental analysis.
- Maintains and monitors the reliability and accuracy of instrument analysis.
- Participates in providing solutions to special Refinery issues.
- Maintains equipment and testing methods at high performance levels.
- Ensures the equipment and testing methods at high performance levels.
- Ensures the equipment is operating at maximum capacity and maintains the proper inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Follows and enforces all safety rules and guidelines as established by the Refinery.
- Provides supervision and leadership in the department to insure that the quality of work performed in this area is effective and profitable to the company in regard to the products it produces.
- Evaluates the work of testers to develop new techniques for improvements in cutting operating costs in the department.
- Evaluates each employee on a quarterly basis to insure that their work is accurate and to stimulate self- motivation among employees to increase their responsibility as well as the quality of their work.
- Provides a training program for all laboratory employees to insure that all tests and methods are done according to the company’s requirements.
- Oversees all work done in the department and insure that all analysis performed are accurate before they are distributed to the concerned parties.
- Maintains contract specification on all incoming and outgoing products.
- Assures that test sheets are updated to current specifications.
- Develops new techniques to improve quality assurance and reduce costs.
- Documents all positive and negative actions of the employees assigned to your area.
- Maintains employee attendance records. Schedules vacations for GC Lab personnel.
- Assists the Laboratory staff in the collection and distribution of Lab data.
- Assists personnel outside the department in the collection, evaluation, and distribution of Laboratory data.
- Monitors new and improved methods for improving and automating the flow of information to and from the Laboratory.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum eight years of laboratory testing experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemistry or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum of two years of lab experience in a refinery, chemical, or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Formal training in Laboratory Testing, Chromatography, or Computer Technology preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here