Senior Fire Protection Technician
Pleasanton, CA Posted: 8/27/2020
PTS Advance is seeking an experienced Senior Technician (Tech) to provide programming, commissioning and troubleshooting capabilities in the Northern California area. This direct hire position will work with our sales team, field project teams, and clients to ensure a sound design, seamless installation and commissioning of our fire and security solutions. This position is key for our growing team and requires attention to detail in all aspects of executing projects. Customer and employee Communication skills, both verbal and written are important elements of the position.
- Responsible for reviewing system layouts and coordinating with engineering, project management and sales departments for a successful project execution.
- Produce field surveys and daily project logs of activity
- Responsible for programming, commissioning and final acceptance by customers and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) of complex fire and security systems.
- Produce detailed commissioning and inspection reports in accordance with NFPA
- Responsible for complex troubleshooting and effective resolution
- Responsible for delivering projects on schedule and within cost budgets.
- Responsible for programming systems via laptop computers.
- Oversight for project inventory and responsible for vehicle inventory.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Provide support, guidance, and expertise to the other technicians
- Customer-focused, skilled in project and people management.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards and Fire Industry
- At least seven years of experience in a technician role within the fire detection and protection environment.
- Knowledge of current fire alarm and clean agent/special hazard fire suppression systems.
- Ability to program and commission networked systems, smoke control applications and highly complex graphics systems.
- Nicet Level II
- Proficient in NFPA 72 code requirements.
- Knowledge of FL fire procedures, filing and requirements.
- Ability to read fire system design drawings
Already have an account? Log in here