Senior Process Control Engineer
Dallas, TX Posted: 8/19/2020
The Instrumentation & Control (I&C) / Process Control Engineer will assist in the design and implementation of future and existing control applications. The position will be developing procedures, standards, alarm philosophy, advanced graphics standards, control narrative for multiple control systems.
Assist refinery site team to ensure refinery process unit static and dynamic control objectives are met through tuning, development of control strategies and troubleshooting existing regulatory and multi-variable control configurations for continuous operations in refinery process units.
- Improvement of PLC/DCS alarm system, loop management, control philosophy, corporate policies and procedures related to control systems on all four refineries.
- Lead small teams of varying disciplines and as an individual technical contributor to identify, develop and design improved operating and control strategies to achieve safety and productivity targets.
- Familiar with ISA 18.2 alarm management standard.
- Lead and develop Alarm philosophy, rationalization, implementation and management of change.
- Develop and monitor KPIs for alarm management, alarm templates, dynamic alarm management.
- Ensure that each plant has an alarm management plan with continuous improvement.
- Work with the facility operations staff and line management to identify, communicate and transfer best operating facility practices.
- Interface with the appropriate Engineering Team or Process Controls engineers to define appropriate DCS interface requirements, and jointly design, implement and test those interfaces.
- Develops special procedures that involve process controls engineering knowledge, e.g. maintenance and management of control systems, executing changes to configurations, graphics, control loops, DCS, shutdown systems, etc.
- Provides process controls engineering support in the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to travel 50-60%
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma and 10+ years of experience as a E&I or I&C or Process Control engineer/technologist
- Midstream/Downstream with specific experiences with SCADA, PLC, DCS or Industrial Automation
- Prior experience with Honeywell, Delta V, Yokogawa/Foxboro preferred
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and mentor staff without supervisory authority
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to lead diverse organizations
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of company personnel
- Ability to travel 50%
- Engineering degree preferred
- Lead multiple projects and have good background on automation systems and environment
Already have an account? Log in here