PTS Advance is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer who has the following:
Self-motivation, solutions-oriented, driven, organized, a critical thinker who is team-focused, and also capable of independent detailed work.
This position provides mechanical engineering services supporting multiple projects from conceptual through detailed design, commissioning, and construction administration.
You will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, providing a very high level of technical leadership. Your position represents the firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members.
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
· Prepare design packages for mechanical, HVAC, fire suppression, and plumbing systems, including preparation of documents, drawings, scopes of work and technical specifications.
· Perform a wide array of design functions, including equipment selections, system sizing, load calculations, product specifications, and design layouts for mechanical systems.
· Capable of in-field audits/investigations, surveying existing conditions, feasibility studies, basis of design reports, and recording information about building components.
· Familiarity with mechanical design software and other complex engineering tasks.
· Implement best practice engineering methods and produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards.
· Assist with the preparation of project budgets and schedules.
· Implement company quality assurance procedures during the design process.
· Review product data submittals for conformance to contract documents.
· Coordinate, support, and communicate with colleagues across disciplines.
· Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Conduct strategic evaluations, and propose innovative solutions for technical design issues.
· Manage tasks as required to ensure work is completed on time and budget.
· Attends and is an active participant in the design and construction project team meetings.
· Must exhibit technical competency and be able to design projects and direct/train junior engineers and designers.
· Ensure that designs are compliant with Building/Energy Codes and LEED standards.
· Responsible for completing California Title 24 Energy Compliance documentation.
· Performs submittal reviews and ensures timely responses to RFIs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Strong technical abilities and interpersonal communication skills
· Detail-oriented/accurate/Math accuracy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Good problem-solving and analytical skills
· Team player
· BS Mechanical Engineering
· Min. of 8-10 years of relevant experience in the mechanical design field.
· Highly knowledgeable of codes, standards, and construction/engineering processes.
· Proclivity for catching the error and enacting appropriate changes.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with multiple project deadlines.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
· Experience working on large-scale design and construction projects is highly desirable.
· Field experience.
· Professional Engineer (PE) Certification, preferred.
· Building Management System (BMS) and LEED Accreditation.