In this direct hire role, you will be relied upon to perform a variety of engineering and design activities under the mentoring and guidance of the senior engineers. It is necessary to be self-motivated, organized, creative, and have the ability handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Possess the ability to be engaged and work productively as a team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow-through are essential for this job.
Engineer (Electrical) Job Duties:
· Collaborate on project teams with other engineers to assist with evaluating conditions, proposing modifications, and developing design changes.
· Propose innovative solutions for technical design issues.
· Perform calculations using engineering formulas and skills.
· Assist with the preparation of specifications.
· Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
· Review shop drawings.
· Research design options and document findings. Assist with the preparation of reports, opinions, and recommendations for approval of the Project Manager.
· Coordinate, support, and communicate with colleagues across disciplines and receive direction from project leads.
· Review product data submittals for conformance to contract documents.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Effective time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Takes initiative -Team player
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
· Math accuracy a must
· BS in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
· Knowledge of electrical power distribution systems, branch circuit design, electrical load flow, voltage drop, and short circuit calculation methodology.
· Basic understanding of contract and construction documents.
· Knowledge of codes, standards, and construction/engineering processes.
· Min. of 3 years of relevant experience in the electrical design field for commercial buildings. Experience in mission-critical design a plus.
· Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and PDF editing software.