PTS Advance is has a great opportunity. We are looking for a senior-level Controls Engineer that is a self-motivated individual with strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. Our successful candidate will be highly analytical, have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and also as a productive and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow-through are essential.
Required knowledge of building automation systems, including HVAC controls, electrical monitoring, and building system integration. You will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, providing a very high level of technical leadership. Project types include mission-critical data center facilities, commercial HVAC projects, cleanrooms, light manufacturing, and other commercial real estate projects. In this role is a direct hire position. Your position will represent the firm in all interactions, clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members, including in-house electrical and mechanical engineers.
Controls Engineer Job Duties:
· Provide input for Building Management System(BMS) design documentation, including a sequence of operations, point lists, network riser diagrams, and instrument specifications.
· Conduct job site investigation(s) and construction observation(s) related to BMS projects.
· Review control strategy options for HVAC system types and configurations with clients; provide input and recommendations to the engineering design team.
· Track project timelines and project deliverables; advise the project team of upcoming deadlines.
· Manage tasks as required to ensure work is completed on time and budget.
· Communicate directly with clients and act as the primary point of contact for the company.
· Prepare presentations and proposals.
· Coordinate, support, and communicate with colleagues across disciplines.
· Actively participate in construction site walkthroughs and project team meetings.
· Attend equipment factory witness testing and software bench testing.
· Perform submittal reviews and ensure timely responses to RFI’s.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Takes initiative
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills - Team player
· Superb verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem solving/decision-making skills
· Able to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated experience as a self-directed, pro-active, and highly-motivated team leader.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external business partners.
· Knowledge of codes, standards, and construction/engineering processes.
· Proclivity for catching the error and enacting appropriate changes.
· Experience working on large-scale design and construction projects is highly desirable.
· Min. 5 years of direct experience working with a design-build controls contractor, consulting engineering firm, or other similarly relevant experience.
· High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Revit, and AutoCAD.
· Familiarity with PLC controls and a variety of conventional Building Management System (BMS) platforms preferred.
· BS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of work experience and relevant education.
· Mechanical Engineer Registration.
· Professional Engineer (PE) License, preferred but not required.