Sr. Civil / Structural Engineer
Paramount, CA Posted: 7/31/2020
Our client is one of America’s largest suppliers of biodiesel. They also have one of the industry’s broadest and deepest talent pools of biofuels expertise and knowhow.
Currently seeking a Senior Structural/Civil/ Engineer with 7-10 years of technical design experience focused on geotechnical tasks, but with additional skills in civil and/or structural disciplines in the Oil & Gas Industry. The qualified individual will serve as subject matter expert in these areas within the Engineering & Design team. The candidate will also need demonstrated competency in mechanical engineering with a focus on piping design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Engineering Design and Reviews: Conduct engineering design reviews for company project initiatives. Review project drawings received from engineering service providers evaluating structural, civil and - geotechnical elements of the design including code compliance, system operations, construction efficiency and safety in design.
This includes but not limited to:
- Assisting in the planning, design, and implementation of structural, civil, geotechnical and environmental engineering relating to earthworks construction, foundations, support structures, buildings, secondary containment, waste management, water and wastewater treatment, environmental restoration and remediation, and other specialty environmental or geotechnical projects.
- Preparing reports, design drawings, regulatory permit documents, and technical specifications specifically related to stormwater and surface water, erosion and sediment control, wetlands, and other construction related permits.
- Engineering Specification. Development and maintenance of engineering specifications. Demonstrated ability to write technical specifications related to the engineering design of structural, civil and geotechnical items typical to storage terminals and federally regulated pipeline facilities.
- Material Selection. Ability to evaluate and specify materials of construction including engineered equipment.
- Construction Support. Ability to provide technical solutions for construction problems including system re-design, improvements in construction efficiency and correction of design errors or omissions.
- Geotechnical Investigation: Review, assess and interface with 3rd party geotechnical consultants to ensure the project’s scope is properly understood by the consultant, they use proper investigative/analytical methods and their recommendations are project appropriate and not overly conservative while ensure a safety and efficient design.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Structural, Civil, Geotechnical). Candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence in civil/structural and geotechnical engineering.
- 7-10 Years of progressive experience. The preferred candidate will have previous experience as an engineer with an owner / operator company focusing on engineering of pipelines, refineries, petro-chemical plants and similar.
- Experience in engineering and construction of oil and gas pipelines, terminals and storage tanks.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Civil or Structural Professional Engineer preferred.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Additional favorable qualifications include:
- Storm water management and treatment.
- SWPPP plan experience.
- Structural site design and permitting
- Management of other environmental investigation and assessments.
- Environmental remediation design.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a US Passport and TWIC card.
Already have an account? Log in here