Our client is an employee owned Environmental, Engineering, and Construction Services firm with over 70 years of experience. They have over a dozen offices across the west coast, where they execute on Energy, Facilities, Land Development, Water, and Transportation related projects.
Our client has a unique opportunity for a Transportation/Public Works Practice Leader to join their Southern California Engineering team. This position will be based out of their Los Angeles or Santa Ana office.
They offer a solid base of existing and repeat clients including, City of Los Angeles, LAWA, City of San Diego, and DGS. The successful practice leader will also leverage existing relationships through our construction management, survey and environmental practices.
In this key role you will be responsible for the strategic operation of their Transportation practice including business development, client relationships, strategic partnerships, project pursuits, and management of the technical design and planning team in support of highway, roadway, transit and bridges throughout southern California.
- Creating and executing business development strategies for Southern California market
- Collaborating with service groups to share and optimize opportunities across markets
- Assisting in the strategic planning process
- Providing expert guidance in the preparation of proposals, presentations and other marketing efforts
- Leading the technical design and development of transportation projects
- Monitoring project schedules, budgets and profitability
- Preparing staffing plans, project fee estimates and negotiate contracts
- Mentoring and developing internal staff and support recruitment of outside talent to support growth
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering and design with a focus on public works, roadway, and highway design
- Registration as a California professional engineer (PE)
- A minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience
- Knowledge in computer software utilized in the transportation/public works industry, Highway/Roadway Design, Stormwater Design, InRoads Software, AutoCAD/MicroStation
- Familiarity with local municipality, and Caltrans design and procedures, regulatory compliance and agency coordination