Franklin, OH Posted: 7/24/2020
Reporting to the Regional Controller the Site Controller is responsible for maintaining accurate standard cost and budgets while managing actual spend, as well as ensuring an effective internal control environment. This leader examines all of the finances related to the business and provides insight to help solve business and manufacturing opportunities. The Controller takes an active role in the daily management of the business, working alongside the President & General Manager.
- Identify appropriate performance based metrics; drive ownership & organizational discipline to monitor & proactively optimize financial performance - act as partner to the General Manager to drive cost & productivity initiatives.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing and reporting of financial results
- Collect and ensure accuracy of monthly operating review and board reporting materials including, but not limited to: sources of variability, productivity, unusual items, key performance indicators, etc.
- Lead and certify all inventory and material cycle counts; lead annual physical inventory process
- Lead cash and treasury management
- Lead and monitor all audit activities (annual GAAP financial, compliance, government cost accounting, 401k)
- Maintenance of internal controls
- Weekly Flash reports and annual budgeting process
- Financial evaluation of capital spending projects
- Perform specific business analyses for the President/GM and corporate office, as required, from time to time
- Establish, implement, and maintain policies and procedures
- Serve as the organization lead for ERP and I/T
- Provide valuable inputs, performance evaluations, and support with respect to the talent development of site staff and tier 1-2 leaders
- Build financial support team capable of supporting all aspects of the business to drive continuous improvement including impacts to key metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or other related discipline required
- 5+ years’ experience as a plant controller or cost/management accountant for a manufacturing company required
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques as well as sound knowledge of standard cost accounting procedures systems.
- Good managerial, planning, organizational, and analytical skills. Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills are essential
- Proven experience within a leadership capacity.
- Must be able to successfully navigate Windows (Word and Excel) software applications, accounting software applications, and manufacturing ERP system.
Skills and Abilities:
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior.
- Effective at leading/facilitating change and acting as a change agent; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information. Track record of promoting positive employee relations.
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Promote and foster positive employee relations.
- Team leadership skills with ability to effectively influence and motivate others
- Travel is required to additional manufacturing plant in Indiana.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.
Already have an account? Log in here