Chatsworth, CA Posted: 7/23/2020
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Communicate expenditures, budgets, commitments, estimate at completion, and forecast with Project Managers, Costs Leads, and Project Controls Manager.
- Ensure costs reports are issued on time and with accurate current data and Work Order Authorization Budgets are not exceeded.
- Work closely with Project Managers to review project financial status, identify deviations from planned budget, and explain variances. Advise concerning budget corrections.
- Ensure cost controls and reporting processes are applied to track: direct/indirect costs, budgets, and allocations.
- Ensure accruals are reported and applied to monthly forecast projections.
- Recognize historical trends and provide forecasting for projects; monitor and modify cash flow.
- Run SAP reports with all cost data coming from company financial system (directs/indirect), and analyze reports to identify deviations. Work with proper stakeholder to correct identified deviations.
- Properly read the schedule and understand durations to incorporate in the forecast.
- Organize and track documents as they go through the approval process, make sure signed forms are gathered, and saved for auditing purposes.
- Ensure forecast is revised on a monthly basis, and is based on consideration of progress, pending change orders, expenditure rates, and earned value factors.
- Ensure current budget is updated according to the change management process with latest approved change orders.
- Schedule and attend meetings, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Technical degree in related field required; PMP or any AACE certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience, Pipeline, Gas Facilities experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
- Time management and organizational skills and the ability to deal effectively with stressful situations.
- Hands-on experience and general knowledge of cost management, including budgeting, change management, forecasting, and reporting.
- Understanding of basic project accounting principles, and processes is required.
- Ability to understand agreements, and purchase orders milestone payments.
- Intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Office products. SAP experience a plus.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including internal resources and clients.
Already have an account? Log in here