San Ramon, CA Posted: 7/15/2020
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design, select and implement low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and operations of low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, and power controls systems/stations to insure compliance with NEC requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Plan and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work while supporting the department and Project Manager with delivery.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to ensure the effective integration of electrical systems with the overall product design.
- Assist with the commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems.
- Represent the Company in area of expertise with customers, construction personnel, and suppliers.
- Create low voltage wiring schematics and associated Bill of Materials for wiring, cables, and controls.
- Perform hazardous area analysis, conduit routing, conduit and cable schedules.
- Create technical specifications, Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, and O&M Standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team of talented engineers, driving excellence and service.
- At least 8 years of professional experience. Experience in utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID’s.
- Thorough knowledge of Power Systems and Control Systems as related to electric utility infrastructure such as substations, distribution and transmission.
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards such as IEC, ISA, NEC, IEEE etc.
Already have an account? Log in here