Long Beach, CA Posted: 7/15/2020
Our client is an environmental consulting and construction firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions, including solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance.
Mechanical Engineer- Refinery
They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to support refinery clients in the West from their offices in Southern California.
The Mechanical Engineer will lead project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of refinery projects.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Prepares mechanical equipment descriptions, performs equipment sizing and prepares equipment data sheets
- Prepares mechanical equipment technical specifications and equipment RFQs to request budgetary pricing to support study or project work.
- Performs technical analysis of bids and review of vendor drawings.
- May select and prepare equipment layouts for mechanical equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps, separators, filters, heat exchangers, and storage tanks).
- Assures all mechanical engineering designs meet applicable codes and standards including company standards, API, ASME as well as others used in static and rotating equipment mechanical design and development for the facility.
- Prepares studies, including cost-benefit analysis for competing mechanical solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Trouble-shoot existing systems in the field, determine modifications to existing systems to change performance, etc.
- Coordinates with clients, vendors and subcontractors as required.
- Contributes to the development of client proposal and project cost estimates.
- Communicates and interfaces openly and frequently with Project Managers, Project Engineers and other Managers of discipline engineers. Participates in periodic project reviews and client discussions, as required, to ensure client satisfaction
- Coordinates engineering activities with Procurement Department assuring excellent communication and review of vendor documents and approval prior to final sign off and procurement of all mechanical equipment
- Promotes value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of Mechanical Data Sheets and Company standards.
- Keeps current with advances in technology in the marketplace.
- Maintains strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering (PE certificate is a plus)
- Experience with AutoCAD (CADWORX and Navisworks experience is a plus)
- Working experience with PFD’s and P&ID’s
- Proficiency in process piping and fixed equipment with a good understanding of rotating equipment (at least 2 out of these 3).
- Able to evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Knowledge of principles and practices or related fields, and functions on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience selecting fixed and rotating equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Already have an account? Log in here