- Provides primary support to existing Triconex, CIS and PLC systems, including troubleshooting, event analysis, and code repairs.
- Develops detailed engineering documents, procures equipment and materials, coordinates construction contracting, and provides technical support to construction and startup personnel.
- Develops and reviews control logic on PLCs.
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques.
- Develops and implements testing processes, Cause and Effect documentation.
- Develops proficiency in current processes, procedures and standards related to Safety Systems.
- Supports PHA’s both as a team member and as an engineer assigned to close gaps.
- Completes MOC’s for changes made to safety systems.
- Performs routine hardware and software maintenance of Triconex, PLC and Honeywell DCS systems.
- Actively participates in the development, design, FAT, SAT and commissioning of new PLC, Triconex, DCS and CIS systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Bachelor’s (or higher level degree) in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or related field required.
2 years of engineering experience in a petroleum refinery required.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&IDs, loop drawings, relay logic) preferred.
Certified Functional Safety Expert certification preferred.
Refinery unit process understanding preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)