Front Line Supervisor
Torrance, CA Posted: 6/30/2020
Front Line Supervisor - FLS
The FLS for Capital projects is responsible the safety, quality and cost of work in the field. The FLS has a key role is the success of the project in the field. The FLS reports to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure workers are signed on to work without delays. Sign barrier delays and log them. Plan ahead to prevent delays and resolve any emerging ones.
- Ensure workers ‘work permits’ are flawless.
- Ensure workers JLA’s identify work hazards and have detailed mitigation.
- Monitor and engage workers on their safety performance, applying the Loss Prevention System (LPS), follow the safety plan.
- Ensure maximum utilization of contractor’s labor and equipment. If the work is not being completed in an acceptable time frame, the FLS must communicate this to the project team.
- Provide a daily report, including a safety moment of the day, details of any safety & environmental incidents, the headcount of workers, description of the work completed, description of the work to be carried out on the next shift, and details of delays.
- Actively participate with the ‘Planner’ in the planning of work.
- Have a full understanding of the project work scope having reviewed all drawings and construction documents. Ensure the work being performed is per the construction documents and specifications.
- Ensure a full construction package/drawings are at the work site and are maintained and updated including all document changes and RFI/FCO’s.
- Review and provide feedback on construction packages.
- Coordinate with business teams to ensure the project work doesn’t impact the business.
- Coordinate with business teams to ensure equipment availability.
- Periodic attendance at the Contractor Safety Steering Committee meetings.
- Provides input into the Safety Plan.
- Ensure that the project QA/QC plan is followed and coordinates the resources required for signing off the work using mechanical completion forms, loop check and SAT documents.
Already have an account? Log in here