PTS Advance is working with a San Francisco-based Control Systems Integrator, seeking an Associate Engineering Manager to manage its growing Control Engineering Department.
PLC, HMI, SCADA, pharma, food & Bev or clean tech experience required.
This is a direct hire position. Located in Northern California.
Duties to include:
· Oversee execution of projects, especially aspects of schedule and costs
· Maintain schedule for Engineering Division; “own” and maintain the company’s scheduling tool; and run weekly scheduling meetings
· Drive billable hours within the group
· Review project schedules and project financials with PMs each month (at minimum) and produce overall financial summary reports
· Drive PM’s to resolve project issues that arise
· Keep PM procedures and tools up to date. Hold group meetings with company Project Managers as needed to keep the group synchronized on current procedures and to develop improvements
· Be the direct supervisor of the company Project Managers
· Occasional customer face-to-face
Experience & Skills Required:
· 3+ years managing engineering teams
· Current or past HMI/PLC engineering and programming experience
· Skills Required (Professional Level)
· Effective document management
· Fluency with Control Systems terminology and principles
· Understanding of, and effective communication with, the several trades the company sometimes subcontracts with, e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, MEP
· Excel, MS Project (or equal), MS Word, and Outlook
· Written and spoken language skills
· Team Leadership
Personal Qualities required:
· Keen interest in automated systems
· Organized and neat
· Professional bearing and demeanor
· Capable of “strong messaging” when required
· Attentive to details
· Embodies, “It’s about what’s right not who’s right”
· Considers “Spec, Budget, and Schedule” to be the most important words in business.
This company offers a competitive pay and benefits package
Diversity of client industries and projects
Great people with whom to work
Constant-learning environment due to our own highly skilled technical staff
Regular contact with the automation industry’s leading hardware/software producers
Interactions with some of the most sophisticated automation and industrial-data-systems end-users in the world!
Which all adds up to a great place to work now and enhanced professional opportunities for the future.
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer