PTS Advance is looking for Senior Chemical Engineer to work and live in Monterey County. As Lead Chemical Engineer, you will be an integral part of a team of engineers developing a process that turns waste into energy. This position will assist with commissioning and plant start-up activities at a future commercial gasification facility and further develop and improve the technology for future commercial systems. This is a direct hire position with great benefits and bonus.
· Principal responsibility for overall plant energy & material balance, equipment specifications and overall system Capex vs. Opex optimization.
· Work closely with other engineering disciplines (especially mechanical and controls & instrumentation) to deliver a plant fit for purpose that meets technology milestones.
· Be a subject matter expert for gasification and related supporting technologies. Review trends and ensure latest information and knowledge is institutionalized.\Project management responsibility for designated projects.
· Work closely with mechanical group to integrate process design requirements with limitations and regulations for design and operation of equipment.
· Travel (within CA and out of state) to project sites and/or vendors and consulting groups.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.
- Strong experience in process modeling principles and practice and relevant software packages (e.g. Aspen, ChemCad, HSC).
- Utilize and modify the existing Gasification process simulation using Aspen – review suitability of modeling tools and update or modify as required.
- Strong experience designing and conducting pilot/small scale technology demonstration and testing to produce data for model validation, scale up and techno-economic evaluations.
- Conduct techno-economic evaluations of novel and existing technologies, including engagement with outside equipment vendors, production of H&MB models, cost analysis, value engineering, plant availability, and presentation of results to management.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering aspects for process equipment and designs.
- Understanding of controls and instrumentation process needs.
Education and Experience
- B.S in chemical engineering. An advanced degree or other relevant experience demonstrating deep immersion in new technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- 12 years of process development experience with proven experience translating novel technologies from the research to the commercial setting.
- Strong gasification experience is strongly desired.
- Experience with Oxygen (design for use, cleaning and inspection) and Hydrogen (design for use) would be a significant advantage. 1 year (Preferred)
- Must pass military background checks to access US Military facilities.
- Must have acceptable results for post-offer background checks, drug screen, and medical tests/exams.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
* PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer