Process Safety Management Engineer (PSM)
Join the New construction, commissioning, and startup of a brand new Chemical Manufacturing Plant on the Gulf Coast! We are looking for a Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer to develop and implement the safety programs and processes for our people and operations in Pasadena, Texas.
Are you up for the challenge to expand your role and exposure and do what it takes to achieve and maintain Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) compliance within the chemical industry? Are you passionate about employee safety and the environment?
This position is vital to our operations! We are seeking talent for the implementation, management, and continuous improvement of the PSM (Process Safety Management) programs for our new plant. The PSM Engineer is someone who has a profound understanding of the chemical industry and the passion to lead the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) program by ensuring regulatory compliance with all elements of OSHA 20 CFR 1910.119 and the EPA’s Risk Management Programs (RMP) 40 CFR Part 68.
This position requires great collaboration and the sharing of innovative ideas across all departments to facilitate communication and foster a high-performance environment! Candidates will successfully contribute to the organization by keeping safety a priority and influence others through daily adherence to all safety process principles and lifesaving rules. Safety is our number one goal! Our PSM Engineer will lead by example, drive corrective actions, and influence behaviors!
Does this sound like the job for you? We are seeking candidates with 10+ years of progressive process safety knowledge and a BS degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or related technical degree, technical writing skills plus experience with the EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations. We prefer candidates with a Chemical Engineering and/or Master’s degree or that have obtained a safety professional certification, including those with supervisory responsibilities. Demonstrated knowledge of incident tracking systems, Microsoft office applications, SAP, Management of Change and Hazard Analysis are highly desired.
Candidates must be physically capable to wear a respirator, hearing protection, steel-toed shoes and fire retardant clothing. Visual acuity and the ability to climb stairs of various heights will be a necessity.
Our Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer is accountable and responsible to adhere to all major process safety principles, lifesaving rules, and preserve high standards in regards to caring for our assets. Additional responsibilities are listed here.
- Manage development and implementation of both tactical and strategic Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs.
- Develop process workflow to identify and maintain Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP).
- Monitor regulatory changes, publicly available information, and significant incidents at plants. Support the workforce in understanding and applying lessons learned.
- Interface with regulatory agencies as it relates to PSM, as needed.
- Support DOT Training and compliance issues as needed.
- Support project managers and site teams to define resources, schedules, and associated activities required to complete risk assessments (PHAs, LOPAs).
- Lead safety studies for new projects and work with site engineers to ensure effectiveness and consistency of PHA’s and LOPA’s.
- Lead Management of Change (MoC) program by participating in the gatekeeping, approval process, and identification/resolution of opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain associated procedural and technical documentation.
- Provide guidance for Pre Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
Job Type: Full-time, direct hire
Salary: $118,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Process Safety Management: 10 years (Required)
- Process Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Chemical Manufacturing Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement