Our client is an Environmental Construction company performing all of the standard practices in Environmental/Remediation Construction, Demolition, Dig/Haul, etc.
If you are a Cost Engineer with experience in construction, engineering, or industrial projects, and are interested in an excellent direct hire opportunity, contact us now!
Strong backlog of work long contracts with NAFVAC and Army Core with competitive pay and benefits.
The Cost Engineer monitors and analyzes various aspects of the projects' scope, schedule, cost, expenditures, budgets, forecasts and compliance and prepares associated reports for review in their office in Martinez, CA.
This position will also be Responsible for:
- Work with project teams to control/manage project costs.
- Work with project teams to develop conceptual and detailed project execution schedules.
- Create and assist with cost/schedule baseline budgets.
- Support project teams to prepare purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Monitor and reconcile project cost reports.
- Work to improve cost forecasting and scheduling practices & tools.
- Advise Project Managers on appropriate job set-ups to facilitate management of financial performance and schedules.
- Perform routine cost activities with minimal supervision. Key duties may include:
- Monitor, analyze, and forecast of all cost elements on the project, including changes.
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s).
- Assist Project Manager to develop and process budgets, change orders, and client invoices in the accounting system.
- Assist Project Manager in preparation and submittal of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analysis, cash flow, Estimate at Completion, Work in Progress, and other cost related evaluations.
- Monitor contractor schedule and identify any variances to associated cost and schedule.
- Maintain forecast for the contract and input progress information based on contractor progress.
- Other project controls duties as assigned.
- Other project support functions such as cost estimating, productivity tracking and improvement, procurement, construction quality control, submittals, change orders, invoices, construction management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 4 years of industry experience.
- 4 years of experience in cost control and scheduling functions on construction, engineering, or industrial projects, including schedule development, control, and analysis, and cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and home office.
- Possess basic knowledge in cost engineering principles and methods including:
- Knowledge of the Operating Procedures for Project Controls
- Knowledge of the scope of work for projects
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Change Management Systems / Procedures
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Contingency Development
- Possess basic knowledge in schedule principles and methods including:
- Planning and Scheduling to include schedule development, control and analysis.
- Familiar with basic cost/schedule integration and basic critical path analysis and other scheduling concepts.
- Contract plans and specifications review, takeoffs, and cost estimating skills.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project; Primavera; JD Edwards; proficiency in developing “ad hoc” reports using these tools.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to analyze complex data and present clear conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible managing complex project concerns and issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision as well as in a team environment that values diversity.
- Assignment will be in the Martinez Office and may include up to 20% (3-4 days a month) travel to projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or Accounting (or related field).
- Construction, Industrial, or Engineering experience and an understanding of engineering work practices.
- Strong aptitude for construction operations activities management, monitoring, and improvement, beyond technical software proficiency.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer