Our client was founded with the principle that renewable fuels should come from non-food based sources that are environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The Company is upgrading and modifying an existing oil refinery to produce renewable diesel fuel, propane, and naphtha from sustainable low carbon feedstocks for the California Clean Energy fuel market (the “Project”).
They are looking for a Construction Coordinator/Project Manager (PM) to provide day to day project management support to the Company during the design, construction, and commissioning phases of the project to ensure each phase is completed correctly in a timely fashion and within budget.
The PM will work closely with the Company’s VP PM, Senior Project Manager, Project Engineers, EPC Contractor, Equipment Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure that the project contracts are properly adhered to.
The Construction Coordinator will also be responsible to:
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track and manage project costs, anomalies and change orders
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to the various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project
- Monitor progress and risks and make adjustments as needed
- Measure and track project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Integration with the EPC Contractor’s Project and Construction Management software to ensure the transparency, commonality and accuracy of project scope, documentation, drawings, change orders, accounting, reporting, resources, and scheduling
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management experience in petrochemical or heavy industrial sectors
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience in seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or G Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete large projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Must be able to pass all CA safety, drug & alcohol requirements for refinery work
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer