Belle Chasse, LA Posted: 6/1/2020
Turnaround (TA) Planner
PTS Advance is seeking Turnaround Planners for one of our major clients in a refinery outside of New Orleans, LA.
TA Planners are responsible to accomplish the following items, while eliminating barriers that might cause issues/delays.
- Completing all information in IPS for each scope item per the Planner Onboarding Sheet and Work Package Consistency documents (complete packages T-6 months prior to the scheduled TA start date).
- Development of comprehensive job steps for each scope item with all disciplines and hours clearly defined and consistent.
- Uploading of all documents needed for every scope item, following the conventions set forth in the previously mentioned onboarding and consistency documents. Download documents from SAP notifications, find in evergreen folders or have produced by draftsmen/engineering as required.
- Completing BOM?s within IPS, field checking ALL materials and including as many SAP numbers as possible.
- Assisting the Planning Lead as needed in making contractor work assignments.
- Assisting the Planning Lead as needed in developing the TA cost estimates, working with the TA Material Requisitioner to ensure that all materials are ordered, working with the Logistics Coordinator in establishing TA material receipt, storage, custody transfer and control, TA issuing, and return of surplus materials.
- Coordinating with the scheduling team to develop the TA Critical Path Schedule (complete T-8 months prior to the scheduled TA start date).
- Assisting with the development of the complete P6 schedule with all logic ties. Optimize schedule through meetings with TA Coordinators and Operations Team. Baseline schedule prior to Execution. Push current plans back into IPS and capture all changes to plans in schedule.
- Validate 36 hour look-ahead schedules to be updated daily and drive schedule updates throughout execution, tracking progress and quickly identifying issues.
- Assist TA Coordinator group with execution efforts, shifting into equipment coordinator roles as necessary.
- Quickly respond to SCA/discovery items by planning, ordering materials and supplying coordinators/contractors with all information needed to execute the scope of work.
- Work with Project Controls Group to ensure all information is loaded into IPS to properly drive cost and timeline tracking.
- Assuring that all TA Work Orders and Notifications are closed T+3 months after the TA is complete.
- Reviewing warehouse surplus material from TA?s and assisting the Logistics Coordinator with proper usage for TA and disposal.
- Develop and issue next TA Base Line Worklist T+3 months post the completion of the TA.
- PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS Advance is an equal opportunity employer.
Already have an account? Log in here