Paramount, CA Posted: 5/22/2020
The Process Engineer provides the organization with technical expertise on all aspects of process design and project management to ensure the following:
- Utilize process design techniques to optimize unit design for assigned project units.
- Manage engineering contractors in the design of the assigned project units.
- Implement safety, environmental consciousness, and reliability into unit designs.
- Adopt principles of continuous improvement to drive out waste and inefficiency and enhance profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical Engineering.
- Eight to Ten (8 - 10) years of process engineering experience is required.
- Prior large-scale capital projects ($500mm+) experience
- Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred
- Process simulation experience (ex, HYSYS) preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced engineering calculations (i.e., mass balances, energy balances, conversion calculations) to optimize equipment design and insure product quality.
- Makes recommendations to improve unit yield and/or optimize energy consumption.
- Maintains awareness of all Safety, Health and Environmental issues that impact the refinery unit design and personnel.
- Reports on progress of the engineering contractors involved in the assigned areas of the project.
- Provides daily review of project progress and engineering quality.
- Consults with Project Manager concerning unusual problems and developments including development of potential design changes.
- Insures communication between the Construction Manager and the General Contractor is well-defined.
- Monitors progress on unit construction and advises Construction Manager of any project delays or issues.
- Works to imbed the plant requirements into the process design of the assigned project units.
- Participates in daily field safety meetings once construction has started.
- Answers questions that arise during the construction cycle.
- Ensures that project records are being maintained in a well-defined management system.
- Assists in defining the commissioning and turnover procedures, including record keeping.
- Assists in start-up of the assigned project units.
Already have an account? Log in here