Paramount, CA Posted: 5/22/2020
Our client is one of America’s largest suppliers of biodiesel. They also have one of the industry’s broadest and deepest talent pools of biofuels expertise and knowhow.
Position Summary: The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to assigned refinery process areas and assigned capital project. They will be responsible for managing I&E Design, from conceptual engineering through detailed design, construction, and project completion.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who has a strong background in electrical engineering in a refining/petrochemical environment. They should also have a willingness to manage projects and be able to interface with different disciplines & groups within the refinery and among the project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited 4-year college or university in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years as a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
- Prior large-scale capital projects ($500mm+) experience
- State of CA PE License in applicable field is a plus Petrochemical refinery/chemical/ pipeline/bio-fuels industry experience preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in design and development of electrical systems.
- Work with reliability engineering to formulate long range programs that sustain, renew, and improve the refinery electrical infrastructure.
- Communicate with personnel from different disciplines and grade levels, along with outside resources to obtain needed information or resolve issues.
- Initiate and participate in management of change (MOC) reviews and incident investigations
- Support the plant in high impact unplanned electrical issues as required
- Provide start-up commission and controls support for plant and plant operators.
- Strong field presence conducting audits for compliance, safety, and housekeeping standards
- Prepare and/or review analysis, designs, and contract documents
- Review designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and requirements and related specifications
- Participate in development of AFE's
- Understand and utilize MainSaver project system for ACD
- Assist with the preparation of engineering documents.
- Develop I&E designs, specifications, and installation details in compliance with company standards, applicable industry codes and standards, and project deliverables.
- Design and checking of wiring diagrams, interconnection diagrams, schematics, controls, piping and instrument diagrams, instrument installation details, load list, instrumentation list and I/O list.
Project Support Responsibilities
- Support the project engineering group in reviewing designs of electrical equipment, electrical distribution systems, and substations
- Supports the project engineering group in reviewing the design of instrumentation and control systems
- Participate in integrated project teams with other engineering disciplines to troubleshoot issues and provide engineered solutions
- Interface with contractors/capital crew on design questions
- Support Project Managers in execution of projects.
- Participate in technical reviews with project engineers, engineering firms and equipment suppliers.
- Communicate with the project team to establish essential functions and deadlines necessary to finish project
- Provide I&E Engineering support to the design teams in the execution of capital project
- Initiate procurement requests for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Work with project controls team to develop project schedule and spending curve and report progress monthly.
- Recognize and evaluate scope changes for impact to project cost and schedule and submit change requests for approval.
- Verifying conformity to project specifications and requirements.
- Interface design and project specifications with other engineers involved.
- The ability to manage and lead the electrical, instrumentation and controls efforts on projects.
- Coordinate and ensure projects comply with regulatory and code requirements
- Participate in the development of hazard assessments for project work
Additional Work/Skills/Knowledge/Experience Desired:
- Experience specifying and selecting electrical distribution equipment (Switchgear, MCCs, VFDs etc.)
- Experience in the development of electrical drawings and documents that include one-line drawings, power plans, hazard classification maps, cable routing (cable tray/raceways), cable & conduit schedules, grounding and lighting plans (including photometric studies).
- Experience in the development of instrumentation drawings and documents such as IO lists, instrument lists, installation details, instrument locations drawings, wiring diagrams and loop sheets.
- Experience in the development of control system drawings such as control system architectures, IO card schematics, panel layouts and wiring diagrams. Experience developing complete electrical, instrumentation and controls drawing packages as part of construction packages.
Already have an account? Log in here