Paramount, CA Posted: 5/22/2020
Our client is one of America’s largest suppliers of biodiesel. They also have one of the industry’s broadest and deepest talent pools of biofuels expertise and knowhow.
The Mechanical Engineer works with the project team to provide reliability and maintenance mechanical engineering input to the design with the primary purpose of developing a Machinery equipment sparing program, helping to select and size machinery equipment, and establishing practices to increase machinery equipment reliability.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who has a strong background in mechanical engineering and rotating equipment in a refining/petrochemical environment. They should also have a willingness to manage projects and be able to interface with different disciplines & groups within the refinery and among the project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited 4-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to Ten( 5 - 10) years of mechanical engineering or rotating equipment experience is required.
- Prior large-scale capital projects ($500mm+) experience
- Petrochemical refinery/chemical/ pipeline/bio-fuels industry experience preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide equipment selection, sparing, training, and PM information for the Pre-Treat unit and lead the Engineering, Construction, and Start-up efforts for same.
- Incorporates health, safety, and environmental factors in design. .
- Reviews mechanical details on rotating equipment.
- Reviews mechanical details on structures, towers, and other fixed equipment.
- Works with plant engineers to ensure new equipment meets the design specifications.
- Supports different phases of the project from FEED, construction, commissioning, to routine operations.
- Becomes a part of the plant operations/engineering/management staff on completion of project.
- Perform mechanical system design evaluations and provide guidance in the application of pertinent standards and codes.
- Supports Maintenance Department Annual Goals with Technical Assistance on Existing Facility.
- Provides support and training to Operations on Rotating Equipment issues.
- Provides direction to Maintenance on PM frequency, procedures, and training requirements for the projects and for the existing Facility as required.
- Performs root cause failure analysis on Rotating Equipment.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on all Machinery Equipment
- Serves on teams requiring Machinery Equipment Engineering input.
- Establishes and updates spare parts stocking levels for Rotating Machinery Equipment.
- Develops/Implements Refinery Wide Preventive Maintenance (PM) Program for Project and Existing Facility.
- Develops/Implements Refinery Wide Predictive Maintenance Program.
- Familiarity with all applicable API, ASME, and ASTM standards pertaining to Rotating Machinery Equipment.
- Familiarity with RAM analysis to be performed during the project design.
- Must have the ability to apply engineering, scientific and statistical techniques to solving problems associated with petroleum refining processes. Must have the ability to apply fundamental concept of theories of groups and advanced operational methods and functions of real and complex variables. Ability to work with mathematical statistics, probability and application and statistical inference would be helpful.
Additional Work/Skills/Knowledge/Experience Desired:
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Ability to work in an office or plant environment.
- Must possess excellent people skills, the ability to perform compliance work, the ability to make practical decisions, and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences. Must be able to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
Already have an account? Log in here