Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking a Project Controls Specialist II to complement our work for major oil and gas, process, utility, water, and heavy industrial projects. The Project Controls Specialist II will assist the Project Management and Project Controls teams in the planning, development, execution, and refinement of project and portfolio level schedules. Schedule activities include: developing resource-loaded critical path schedules, variance analysis, interactive planning, development of P6 tools and resources, and process improvement. Job specific training will be provided to build on existing capabilities and knowledge in this work.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize Primavera P6 to Develop Bid, Baseline, Design Build, and As-built schedules for projects using various inputs, including, but not limited to: proposals, specifications, conceptual or detailed drawings.
- Host and lead interactive planning sessions with multiple disciplines and stakeholders to establish baseline project schedules
- Ability to perform resource and cost loading functions, prepare and track earned value progress, accurate reflect physical percent complete, develop schedule and cost forecasts
- Maintain and update multiple project and portfolio level schedules with various levels of granularity
- Perform detailed schedule analysis to identify potential changes to baseline and avoid variance. When appropriate, work with project managers to develop recovery plans.
- Create, maintain, and distribute regular schedule performance reports.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department processes and procedures.
- Assist with P6 EPS development (WBS, Cost Accounts, Resources, Activity Codes, Project Template)
- Assist in the training, mentorship, and development of department staff
Education, Work Experience, & Training:
- Technical: Excel (intermediate), Primavera P6 (expert)
- B.A. / B.S.
- Work experience in related field (5+ years)
- Previous experience in a consultant environment a plus
- Previous experience scheduling engineering deliverables is required
- Certifications preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP), Planning / Scheduling Professional (PSP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Experience in the construction or oil & gas industries a plus.
- Interested candidates should have strong interpersonal skills