Houston, TX Posted: 5/14/2020
Here at PTS Advance, our goal during the current industry downturn is to build the strongest candidate network on the Gulf Coast so that when projects pick up again, we're aligned to put you back to work as quickly as possible. We anticipate a widespread need for experienced Construction Managers with a fair amount of previous downstream experience. If you meet the following criteria and would like to be considered for upcoming work with our clients, please let us know by submitting your resume and additional details via this post.
A project superintendent’s role is to effectively monitor, direct, and coordinate the construction related field operations, and to work with all project managers and engineers to form an effective management team for our clients.Other Major Duties Include
- Set up of the field office appropriate for the project if required.
- Review and be familiar with contract documents, specifications, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Help develop the overall CPM schedule with the client team prior to construction and managing that schedule throughout the project including the creation and maintenance of 2-4 week look-ahead schedules.
- Develop and maintain the site logistics plan for the project.
- Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
- Perform constructability reviews.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
- Direct field operations to operate according to plan and in an efficient manner.
- Conduct foreman’s meetings.
- Participate in progress meetings with the team and or owners.
- Follow up on RFIs, submittals, as-builts and changes.
- Administering the safety program for the project.
- Conducting and ensuring quality control in accordance with the established project quality assurance program.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of construction industry experience and experience overseeing projects/trades with value of $20M or more.
- OSHA 30 training required.
- Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
- Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Already have an account? Log in here