Instrument & Electrical Engineer - Refinery
Our goal during the current industry downturn is to build the strongest candidate network on the Gulf Coast so that when projects pick up again, we're aligned to put you back to work as quickly as possible. We anticipate a widespread need for mid-level I&E Engineers with a fair amount of previous downstream experience. If you meet the following criteria and would like to be considered for upcoming work, please let us know by submitting your resume amd additional details via this post.
General Role Summary:
Our clients are major, national, energy operators with refinery assets across the US. They will need mid level I&E Engineers to support a variety of small and mid-sized capital projects in Texas & Louisiana.
The Instrumentation and Electrical (I&E) Engineer is the technical resource responsible for detailed I&E design on assigned projects. Internal projects are developed from conceptual to startup phases utilizing a staged gate process. The I&E Engineer is also responsible for I&E review of designs created by external engineering contractors.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provides I&E Engineering support to the design teams in the execution of projects to:
- Develop I&E designs, specifications, and installation details in compliance with COMPANY standards, applicable industry codes and standards, and project deliverables.
- Work with on-site drafters/designers or off-site engineering contractors to develop and implement I&E designs.
- Develop funding estimates and request forms.
- Initiate procurement requests for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Work with project controls team to develop project schedule and spending curve and report progress monthly.
- Recognize and evaluate scope changes for impact to project cost and schedule and submit change requests for approval.
- Participate in factory and site acceptance testing.
- Assure project documentation requirements are satisfied.
- Support Project Managers in execution of projects.
- Comply with Management of Change process.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Strong safety focus in performance of daily activities with 100% compliance to site safety procedures.
- Experience with petrochemical industry field instrumentation, DCS, PLCs, and low voltage power systems.
- Knowledge and application of standards, codes, and industry practices including ISA, NEC, NFPA, and API.
- Ability to write instrument specifications
- Assist in check-out, commissioning, and startup of equipment
- Support multiple projects simultaneously
- Make sound technical decisions
- Good interpersonal skills working in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field combined with relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
Preferred additional qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- SAP experience
- Ability to perform flow element and valve sizing calculations
- Safety instrumented systems experience and certification