Mechanical Engineer Lead
Los Angeles, CA Posted: 4/20/2020
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design oil and gas pipelines, pipeline metering facilities, gas compression facilities, liquid pump stations, gas processing, dehydration, heaters, filter separators, and slug catchers.
- Design hydrostatic tests, pipeline replacements, station replacements.
- Design hydrostatic tests for pipeline segments that require a valid strength test to establish the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) of the pipeline. Review historical documents, verify prescribed test boundaries and identify potential hydrotest obstacles.
- Responsible for pipe sizing calculations, valve sizing, hydrostatic test design; hydraulic design, compressor designs, pump designs, interactions with regulatory and permitting agencies as well as other pipeline engineering support.
- Specify materials and equipment for purchase, using data sheets when required. Write equipment specifications for purchase when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license.
- At least 8 years of professional experience. Experience in oil & gas/utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID’s.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards ASME/ANSI/API/NFPA/CSA codes (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, 49 CFR 192 & 195).
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organization skills.
Already have an account? Log in here