Mechanical Engineer II
San Ramon, CA Posted: 4/20/2020
PTS Advance is looking for an Mechanical Engineer local to the Bay area. Responsibilities include: gas pipeline and compressor station engineering and design including design criteria, material selection and equipment sizing in compliance with codes and standards. Have the ability to work with customer to determine work scope requirements. Monitor and control project costs and report variance from plan. Develop change orders as required, and attend and facilitate project meetings.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design oil and gas pipelines, pipeline metering facilities, gas compression facilities, liquid pump stations, gas processing, dehydration, heaters, filter separators, and slug catchers.
- Design hydrostatic tests, pipeline replacements, station replacements.
- Design hydrostatic tests for pipeline segments that require a valid strength test to establish the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) of the pipeline. Review historical documents, verify prescribed test boundaries and identify potential hydrotest obstacles.
- Responsible for pipe sizing calculations, valve sizing, hydrostatic test design; hydraulic design, compressor designs, pump designs, interactions with regulatory and permitting agencies as well as other pipeline engineering support.
- Specify materials and equipment for purchase, using data sheets when required. Write equipment specifications for purchase when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
- Valid Professional Engineer license preferred.
- At least 4 years of professional experience. Experience in oil & gas/utility industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID’s.
- Good knowledge of industry codes and standards ASME/ANSI/API/NFPA/CSA codes (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, 49 CFR 192 & 195).
- Hydrotesting experience is required.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organization skills.
- Local to the Bay Area
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
This is a Direct Hire position with a full benefits package.
Our Client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here