Senior/Supervising Process Engineer
Fountain Valley, CA Posted: 3/25/2020
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
Senior/Supervising Process Engineer
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior/Supervising Process Engineer to be a key member of our engineering team specializing in small and mid-cap refinery projects, primarily in southern California. Current and projected demand for our services is high, including a wide range of multidiscipline projects at refineries in the L.A. Basin area. We are seeking to expand our design capacity and capabilities with the addition of a senior/supervising process engineer with strong technical capabilities, excellent communication skills, and the desire to help lead the continuing development of our company. We offer challenging work in a productive environment, with career opportunities to develop, along a technical or project management career path.
- Process Design & Detailed Engineering for project development and execution, FEED development, performing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment
- Review and verification of Clients documents, specifications, datasheets, FEED design and calculations
- Preparation and review of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, heat and material balances, P&I Diagrams, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, etc.
- Prepare and review data sheets for stationary and rotating equipment including pressure vessels, tanks, separators, filters, heat transfer equipment, pumps and compressors
- Prepare and review instrument data sheets and specifications (control valves, PSV’s, meters, etc.)
- Participate in startup, performance testing and troubleshooting
- Participate in planning, cost control and scheduling for assigned projects
- Develop and review TIC estimates
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with project team members and clients, with a commitment to building enduring relationships leading to customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Preparation & Issue of RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc.
- Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations
- Ensure proper division of work & responsibility among department staff
- Provide proper guidance to ensure excellent project success and positive working environment to the team of engineers
- Train and mentor junior engineers
- 10-15 years’ of experience in refining and/or petrochemical process design engineering
- 5+ years’ of experience in consulting (or EPC with Design & Engineering capability)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering (BSChE) from an ABET accredited program
- Familiarity and knowledge with developing process data sheets for stationary and rotating equipment including pressure vessels, tanks, separators, filters, heat transfer equipment, pumps and compressors
- Familiarity and knowledge of API, ASME and ANSI standards
- Simulation experience using HYSYS, PRO II or other comparable process simulation software
- Understanding of refinery and chemical plant unit operations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning and education through participation in internal and/or external training opportunities
- Ability to be badged for a process safety management governed facility which requires in depth drug screening
- Experience with field start-up and troubleshooting preferred
- California Professional Engineering license preferred
- Local candidates preferred
Already have an account? Log in here